Monday, January 12, 2009

Tioram stories and connections?

Tioram--- castle almost in the sky....
Intersted in sharing information on a Scottish castle ?
Many stories are yet to be heard. A story that we recently uncovered is that my grandmother's family was connected in some way to Castle Tioram, ruins located on west coast of Scotland. Commonly, Toiram is identified as the ancestral home of Clan Randanald. My Gram , was a branch off the old MacDonad family tree. So you can imagine the pathways that such a story can take one, tracng the Macdonalds from highland Scotland to shores of PEIsland.
bibliographic references (hey, I'm a librarian!) to follow.... and photos.

(Zita,blogger novice)

2 comments:

  1. Just a note to say I will not be of much use to you in this quest as the closest I have been to Castle Tioram is the Oban Sea Life Sanctuary on a bicycle tour of Scotland in 1997. Good luck in your search.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok- thanks for your comment; a bike tour sounds like a great way to look at Scotland. maybe I'll abandon the castle quest and pick up the bike ...:=} blogging along....

    ReplyDelete